The Above came from US.Gov Web Site Serving Housing and Urban Development, And in My mind as well as anyone Who has for the Last 2 decades been aware of the Homeless Problem In this Country,Know That within this Very decision there is so much being said. to start with I would Like to Point out That it was a Mandate given To the USICH United States Interagency Council On Homelessness. It has since then Been attributed to The present Presidential Administration. While the 111th Congress Held a democratic Majority and Republican Minority by a 42 to 58% margin. The closest thing this country has had to a Bipartisan congress in many years.
The Mandate Forwarded to USICH, came on the Heals Of 15yr’s of failure in solving the Homeless Problem In America, Congress Had obviously seen a need To Motivate The Agency Who had for so Long failed, However with That mandate again Give them Free reign To solve the Homeless Problem In America. This Time The US 111th Congress is to share In the Blame With USICH for This failure In that They failed to bring any accountability To this Mandate.
And since No oversight was Placed on This Mandate, we Now Have what we have always Had In the Homeless services Industry The revamping Of a failed Plan. There is However reason For this The USICH by their own admission relied On what they referred to as Homeless experts However These Experts Represented A consortium Of agencies who had received Funding for well over a decade for a 10yr plan to end Homelessness, Well These Geniuses took a Proactive stance this time in Eradicating Homelessness. They simply decided That this 10yr plan that was Now failing all over the country after so long could be accomplished If they used the same Model Permanent supportive Housing and Did so saying it could now be done in 5yr or 3 years, Hence the establishment of 100K homes a brain Child Of common Grounds and It’s sister industry representatives. Many of which Are Offshoots of Roseanne Hagerty The Founder Common Grounds.It having Taken Over A year and Millions Of dollars To have conceived Of this Plan. We are Now left With, It Is what It is, 100k Homes is Praised By The Homeless Industry, Far and wide It is Being called By all the answer To The problem. A 3yr plan to house 100K Of the Nations most vulnerable Homeless Individuals, If this plan succeeds In this The Industry will accomplish what it has set out to do, And that is To continue their funding!
However we are now 18 Month’s Into this Plan and It too Is Failing Having Housed Only 12,600 + of the Nations Most vulnerable. But Never worry, well For those Who are inside Sleeping comfortable In their Beds I say Never Worry, However this Is what the Homeless Them selves are faced with.
Recently Posted By 100k Homes Community action and involvement.Leaders
That’s why, beginning March 1st, we will implement the following new strategies:
- We will extend the Campaign’s end date by one year, from July 2013 to July 2014, to allow more time for the best ideas to spread and the most high-impact systems changes to take hold
- In addition to focusing on their most vulnerable neighbors, we will ask communities to report the chronically homeless individuals and families that many are already housing anyway. We think that this will expand the scope of learning that can happen on the Campaign and put communities in a better position to reach the federal goals laid out in Opening Doors.
- We will ask every participating community to work toward a housing placement rate of 2.5% of its chronic and vulnerable populations (based on 2010 federal data) each month. This number reflects the rate at which all communities would need to be housing people today in order to reach their federal goals and truly end homelessness faster than it is increasing.
- Community Solutions will do everything possible to expand access to Campaign trainings and boot camps (through cost cutting, the creation of virtual tools, and more). We will also enhance the hands-on technical assistance that we provide to participating communities through increased organizing and more helpful tools.
- The Community Solutions staff will draw on Campaign-wide data and work with our strategic partners to advocate aggressively at the federal level for key policy changes to make it easier and faster to house chronic and vulnerable homeless individuals and families. These include expanding access to mainstream housing resources like Medicaid, VASH and Section 8, as well as streamlining federal housing placement requirements and processes.
We’ve also created two key advocacy teams to support the movement as a whole. The Systems Change Team, led by Jessica Venegas, will work with the Quality Improvement Team and Communications Team to listen to your needs on the ground and amplify our collective voice to key federal and strategic partners and policymakers. This team’s goal is to improve the top-down policies and conditions for your work, so be sure to let them know what you need! The Communications Team, led by Jake Maguire, will work with participating communities to draw attention to successful local models and to build momentum for key policy shifts at the federal level. This team will also help communities maximize media for local support and fundraising. And lastly, we will continue to enlist and seek the on-going advice and assistance of as many national partners as possible, all of whom will be accessible in some way to participating communities.
We believe that if we make these targeted adjustments, we can make significant headway toward reaching our goals and fundamentally altering America’s response to homelessness. We can’t wait to continue working with and hearing from all participating communities as we continue to tailor our strategies. For assistance or more information, please contact your field organizer. If you live in Texas or the Mountain or Pacific time zones, contact Mike Shore. If you live in the Eastern or Central time zones (minus Texas), contact Linda Kaufman.
Woohooo, Homeless people Now Have been Given At least another Year to Be on the streets. After Being On the streets for 20+ yr’s I can tell you there will those that adapt and those that Die, Thanks for the extension Can you Do this Or Not?
I have Been criticized By One of the Most Prominent Homeless advocates In this Country for My Disbelief and My inability To stop crying Out against the abuse of Homeless Agencies telling Me often Cant you Just Get along, all the while Me saying No I can Not, While holding On to this Post For sometime I felt Today I could Publish This Post without fear Of reprisal Because The Homeless advocate I speak Of today Weather Knowingly or Unwittingly was able to State and I quote
“Anyone that doesn't see homeless services system is broken has their head in guacamole! PEOPLE ARE DYING & tax payer $ is being WASTED!”
M Horvath, Founder Of Invisible People
My Only Question Would Be, Now Knowing This How Can you still Get Along?