Men can only be equal on the Day we are all Equal,

"the truth is not always Beautiful, nor beautiful Words the truth"

Lao Tzu

“What we do for ourselves dies with us. What we do for others and the world remains and is immortal.”

Albert Pine

Sunday, October 23, 2011

Raising Awareness For The Homeless,Is It Needed?

I will now contend as I have for sometime that no it is not needed, There is not a person in America Who is not aware of the Homeless, From any conscionable age As A longtime Homeless person Myself I have Had Children as young as 5 years Old ask their Moms can they Help the Homeless Guy, and then proceed to give me the Chicken Nuggets and fries They could not eat and It has warmed Me both Body and spirit.
It is that time of year before the Holidays when Church’s, College’s Schools and every social gathering in the country begin to ask themselves the age old question what can we do for the Homeless? It Is after all the Holiday’s coming Up and no one deserves to suffer the indignities of being Homeless during the Holidays, right!
I am here to tell you They do Not deserve to suffer these indignities at anytime of the year as it is the Holidays people feel more inclined to move outside of their comfort zone and take action, as Pointed out in a recent article where the church and it’s Children arranged a Cardboard Campout for the Homeless, This article was pointed out to me on twitter By My sister In Christ Shay Kelly @Project5050  the Link to the article Camping in a Box. after I had read the article I thought back on last year around the holidays and the many people who flooded the internet raising awareness for the Homeless there Was The Nazarene Pastor who slept outside for 30days to raise awareness Ryan Riddell, There was The son who was homeless for 60daysand60nights who is the one person who I understand His effort as he stayed on the streets in Florida where his father was Homeless, then there was I Live In my Car  Will who hasn’t replied to me for some time on twitter or facebook and I often wonder where is Will as the question is still there on His website that has been free of post since January last as well as his inactive twitter and facebook accounts. These are only too name a few if I named all of the people who over the Last 2.3 decades of my homeless Life have came to raise awareness and then Faded into the sunset, I would be here for an eternity and the Homeless do not have that kind of time.
I will only say this If you this Holiday season want to raise awareness to the Homeless problem do as I suggested to all of these Men last year, Bring one Home with you encourage those in your Church to do the same sit them down with you at your family feast, do it without the care of are they going to walk out with the fine dinnerware or the silver candle sticks make them a part of your family and the Love you share during these upcoming Holidays Make them feel Human again. If you are worried about them sleeping in the cold Give them the spare Room in your House. Because I guarantee You this everyone you Know will then truly be aware and you will have done something. So as Shay says SpreadTheLove.     

No comments:

Post a Comment

Be Civil please