Men can only be equal on the Day we are all Equal,

"the truth is not always Beautiful, nor beautiful Words the truth"

Lao Tzu

“What we do for ourselves dies with us. What we do for others and the world remains and is immortal.”

Albert Pine

Monday, June 6, 2011

What Are We (Homeless)?

People in general When having the conversation want to express in terms something that will define the Homeless person. The Term Homeless, most are comfortable with I however don’t think it is as easy as a word to define a person, However we the ones living this have no choice as in many things we are simply told this is what defines you. I don’t care if you use any term it does not in any way define who I am. The titles and words you place on me simple define my living condition and in no way shed light on the who I am. The fact is in calling me anything but a Fellow man you somehow set me apart and keep me separated from others simplifying peoples own need to maintain the wall of separation that keeps us from coming together in unity. After all Who really want to be equal to a homeless man Right!
In calling me Homeless You make available the opportunity for the rest of society to view me as someone different a man of values not like others and of a life devoid of any human element. I am by terms set apart from the society, thereby justifying any action that is taken to fix my problem.  And Never does anyone think to ask me or others who they really are, and if We might have dreams or ambitions of our own It is just assumed that we are a homeless person and we need a House.
So I would like to just give a little bit of clarity to the situation, when dealing with people deal with them as a person not as a homeless person deal with them on a level of understanding that they are no different than you they are simply people who don’t at the moment live in a house, But we are men and women of dreams and aspiration we are capable of every emotion and feeling that any feel, When we get Cut we bleed when we are Hurt we cry when we a happy we laugh. We however in most cases as each and everyone in this world are unique and we are individuals.  People in general when helping us take the approach that we are broken helpless hopeless individuals with no true direction in life, we are merely on a different path. Yes some of us want a house yes all of us want the comfort of food today and yes we at times wish for the things others have the safety of a place where we can be at peace.
But we are not a sect of society you can put all in the same Box we don’t want to all be the people that live next door, I mean lets be realistic most of you don’t know your neighbor, and most of you that do cant stand them anyway If you must transform me to be like you is it for me to feel better about me or is it for people to feel better about themselves? I will Love you for who you are in all your uniqueness. I do not covet Nor do I want what you have, what I desire is for everyone to accept who I am and not feel I need to go in the Box with others Like me, I don’t want to be separated I want to be Me.
If you will all scroll back to the top of this page you will see a title that says this Homeless Life, Believe,  However different than yours or those around you I do Have A life.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Be Civil please